I don’t know how any one can avoid the topic of money and personal finances today. Everything you hear from the media on TV, in newspapers, or on-line focuses our attention on the financial crisis and what that means to the average “Joe” or “Josephine”. Most of us are in a panic over our hard earned 401K’s and savings accounts as we watch them dwindle away daily. We are riding the current emotional wave of the ups and downs of the stock market.
Are you feeling paralyzed, depressed, victimized or just plain out of control when it comes to your personal finances? Now is a great time to reflect on what your relationship is to money and think about how your inner beliefs about money may be influencing the way you are reacting to the current financial situation.
Here are some thought provoking questions to consider.
- What did your parents tell you about money?
- Do you feel you deserve to have a lot of money?
- If you feel you can’t control what’s going on with the current financial crisis, do you feel why should I bother managing my money?
- Do you believe you won’t be able to make money doing what you love?
- Do you believe you will never have enough money?
- Do you believe that if your competitor is doing well financially that you will not be able to make money too?
Were your responses to these questions positive or negative? Focusing on the lack of money and abundance will, in fact, bring you the lack of money and abundance. These negative beliefs strip your power and leave you victimized by the economy. You may not be able to control the world economy but you can control your thoughts and feelings.
So, tune out the news to some degree. Don’t get caught up in all the doom and gloom.Take charge of your money and adopt a new view of wealth and abundance. This empowering new outlook will help you to create the beliefs and behaviors that will contribute to you making more money.
What do you have to lose?
What are your inner beliefs about money? I would love to hear from you.