It’s Valentine’s Day week and love is in the air. What better time to celebrate ourselves?
This holiday we engage in the tradition of sending our love to our friends, family, and significant others with sentimental cards, gifts, chocolate, jewelry, etc. We often spend Valentine’s Day doing romantic things for our loved ones; special candlelit dinners, good wine and food, or maybe a weekend away for two in a cozy inn.
We can often overlook how special and wonderful we are.
Here is my Valentine gift to all of you.
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ~ Lucille Ball
- “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ~ Buddha
- “Don’t forget to love yourself.” ~ Soren Kierkegaard
- “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.” ~ Unknown
- “The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.” ~ Sonya Friedman
- “Self-love seems so often unrequited.” ~ Anthony Powell
- “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” ~ Kristin Chenoweth
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. ” ~ Alan Cohen
Happy Valentine’s Day!